Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:37:12 -0600
At 09:27 PM 4/25/99 , you wrote:
>Dan Shaughnessy wrote:
>
>> I have had this happen many times with new video cards/drivers.  It is
>> always an issue with the video drivers.  .....
>>
>> Dan Shaughnessy
>> >
>> >    I have a system with an irritating problem.   Oft times when
>> > an application starts, then is turned off, the task bar button across
>> > the bottom of the screen remains.  Clicking on the button will
>> > cause it to disappear...  but, this is annoying.  The button should
>> > leave when the program shuts down.
>> >
>> >     Any ideas how to cure this?    The system is as follows:
>> >
>> > PII-350  Klamath
>> > ASUS P2B motherboard
>> > 128mg PC100 Ram
>> > 32mg ATI Rage Fury video card (w/TV out)
>> > Windows98   4.10 (build 1998)
>> >

>Dear Bob and Dan.
>
>I have had the same problems with a button left in the task bar. Are we on the
>same idea? If so let's talk about settings. I don't us ATI. I have S3 Inc.
>ViRGE/MX video for my laptop. Once I click the text missing button in the task
>bar it goes away. I thought it might be just a window 98 problem. May I suggest
>a resolution problem. I am using 1024x768 true color 24 bit. What resolutions
>are you using?

Yes, the problem is the buttons remaining on the task bar after the application
closes.  The most problematic application is ACDSee....  if you open numerous
graphics in a row, it can have dozens...  I have seen nearly 100 buttons lined up
on the task bar and the applications closed.

I know it is not a driver issue.    The system formally had an STB velocity 128
card with the latest drivers and now has the ATI 32mg card with the latest drivers.
The problem exists using either card.

The system currently uses 1024x768 32bit true color.   It was using 1024x768
24bit true color, in Win98.

It must be a setting in Windows98 that sets the refresh rate on the Task bar or
the object controlling the task bar.

I am still unable to find an answer.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html