Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 15:57:47 -0600
Toomas writes:

<<Downloaded and tested.
Besides problems using it in
Win2k and WinXP there
is proplems not OS related.
Only 6 tabs and cant make it
use new windows. Changing
codepage is not possible.No
cookie or download manager.>>

Sounds as if you got one of the early versions.  Try version 3.2. at
http://www.webattack.com/get/myiebrowser.shtml

I can't comment on W2000 and XP, but the other problems you mention don't
appear on mine. I get as many tabs as I want, and the "cleansystem" tool
does all the cookie/temp/history cleaning you need. There's a button at the
bottom you click on or off depending on whether you want new or tabbed pages.

To include a decent download manager (I use DAP) would no doubt double its
size--I don't know of any browser that contains a full download
accelerator/manager, though I've no doubt it will come. If, by download
manager, you mean a tool to control download content, as in IE,  (enable
java, activex, cookies, etc) that's included on mine, and much easier to
get at than in native IE. One click and all controls are at your fingertips.

The only problem with MyIE, if it is a problem, is that it has so many
features (you won't use all of them) that it does take a fair bit of time
to set it up just how you want, and there are many that you won't be
familiar with in a browser.

Toomas also writes:

<<Mozilla 1.0 in
my Win2k is faster than IE and
of course MyIE. >>

This is a statement I've often seen about Opera and Mozilla, and it puzzles
me.  What, exactly, do you mean by faster"?  In what way.?

Do you mean faster accessing websites ? (I've never seen any
difference--surely this depends on factors outside the control of any
browser)--or maybe faster opening ? (doesn't seem that much difference
between any of them on mine), or faster loading webpages and links---again
I'd have thought this depends more on your connection speed/modem/system
than anything else.

I'd be interested to know exactly what  a "faster" browser really means.
Can one browser really get around the web faster than another?  I doubt it.
But I'd like to be proved wrong.  If so, then how?

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>