Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:38:35 -0700
On 20 May 99, at 6:54, Brad Loomis wrote:

> A fairly simple question I hope. How do I save a Word2000 or 97 document as
> ASCII text? Which of the options under Save As will give me that result? Is
> it plain text? This is to submit a resume via email. Thanks.

  Copied from the Word97 help (My question to "clippy" was "What's special
about saving as MS-DOS text?") :

> Text only with line breaks, MS-DOS text only with line breaks:
>
>       Saves text without formatting. Converts all line breaks, section breaks,
> and page breaks to paragraph marks. Use this format when you want to
> maintain line breaks ¾ for example, when transferring documents to an
> electronic mail system.

  That last phrase is, I think, the key.

  [Sections immediately previous explained that MS-DOS text uses the IBM PC
"extended ASCII" character set, which includes some characters that may not
display properly on non-PC systems.  "ASCII text" gives the most widely
portable character set; "with line breaks" inserts hard returns at each line,
rather than just at the end of each paragraph.]

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com