Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Hahnel, Winfried (W.A.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:08:16 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Shapar [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 1998 6:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Win 98 and Modem detect

Greg De Guzman wrote Dec. 31:

<snip>

> Any suggestions on re-configuring to have it detected as 28.8. I don't use
this
> modem  anymore but it is handy also for faxes since I like the fax program
it
>  came with.

Go to Control Panel =>  System => Device Manager => Modem. Select your
modem (which probably has a yellow exclamation point beside it on the list)
and
remove it, then reboot. I expect your computer will detect the modem during
bootup, but if it's misidentifying it, there's no need to go with its
mistaken
identification. Instead, you'll see an option to select the hardware from a
list.
Choose that and look for your modem in the list of devices to be added. If
you
don't see it there, find the modem's installation disk that came with your
computer, click on Have Disk..., and install the modem's driver from the
disk.
NB: It's possible that the installation disk has its own setup program, you
should
check that first.

Kris Shapar
This will not work with the Aptiva computer.  This is an MWAVE modem and
sound card combo or an LT combo.  Go to the IBM web site for help with this.

Good luck,

Fred Hahnel

Email me privately for help if you need it!

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html