Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Rob E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:17:00 -0400
Wednesday, September 3, 2003, 3:32:33 AM, Don Penlington wrote:

DP> Stephen writes:

DP> <<I now have a lot of *.dbx files that contain old e-mail
DP> messages.  How can all these files be combined into one file? >>

DP> You could copy and paste into text files.

Curiosity question here:  Have you tried the utility, DbxConv?

What I found interesting is that you can use different options with
DbxConv to produce various outputs ... one of them being a text file
of much smaller size overall.  This could eliminate a lot of cut and
pasting.  It does include the email header information.

You might think about it.  One could write a perl program and strip out other
unnecessary text to reduce the file size even greater.  Note: I've
done this with MS Outlook Express 6.0 *.dbx files.  Your text output can be
opened with notepad, winword, or Word depending on the size of your
output file.

You can find DbxConv at http://people.freenet.de/ukrebs/dbxconv.html

Here's a blurb about how to use it.  Read all available info and
decide whether or not it may be of use to you.

"DbxConv - DBX to MBOX converter by Ulrich Krebs

(at your option) any later version.

1. Description

This program will extract the messages from an Outlook Express (5.0 -
5.5) mailbox and convert it either to the standard mbox or the
Outlook Express eml format. The advantage of saving your mail in mbox
format is, that it's a plain text format, which can be read by many
mail-clients. Converting to eml format is a convenient way to re-
import the messages into Oulook Express.

The handling of eml export is a little bit smarter than the one
offered by Outlook Express itself. Outlook Express will overwrite
messages with same sender and subject, while DbxConv enumerates the
messages, so you can be sure none is lost due to conversion.

2. Usage

The easiest way to covert Oulook Express dbx-files is to copy the
mailboxes to a directory with DbxConv.exe in it. Do not try to
convert folders, which have the same extension (like "Folders.dbx"),
it will not work. Still it will do no harm.

Then open a DOS-box and type "DbxConv *.dbx". This will convert all
dbx-files into mbx-files. I'd suggest, that you keep backup copies of
the original dbx-files, at least until you have verified, that other
mail-clients can read the mbx-files. For Netscape e.g. it is required
to remove the extension ".mbx" of the created files.
To convert all dbx-files into eml format, type "DbxConv -eml *.dbx".
For each mailbox a folder with the name of the mailbox is created,
and all messages will be extracted into the respective folder. To do
both, converting and extracting, type "DbxConv -mbx -eml *.dbx"."

--
Best regards,
 Rob Els                            mailto:[log in to unmask]

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>