Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 02:29:08 -0800
On 8 Dec 2001, at 13:57, Robert Zeoli wrote:

> I would like to transfer a file over 10 megs from work to home
> both with internet access.  How can I do this?  I use to use a DOS
> program years ago "CommWorks" which could do this with a direct
> telephone connection but is there a way to do this over the
> internet?  Thanks

  FTP is probably the best choice for this, as others have suggested.

  Two comments, though:

1.  Someone suggested emailing it to yourself.  While many email
programs will let you compose and send such a message, many of the
servers the message would be handled by impose a maximum size limit
on messages, usually about 2MB.  Odds of a 10MB attachment being
delivered are fairly low.

2.  Someone suggested asking your local administrator for help, and
while I think this is the right thing to do, be aware that the
administrator may be constrained by company policy.  If that 10MB
file contains proprietary or classified information, copying it to
your home PC may represent a security violation.  If that 10MB file
contains information that is yours personally, you might be at risk
of disciplinary action for excessive personal use of company
resources, just as if you had been making personal long distance
calls from the office when you were supposed to be working.  (Not all
organizations have such policies, but if yours does then I believe it
would be inappropriate for this group to help you circumvent it.)

David Gillett

                       http://freepctech.com/rode