Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:39:11 -0500
RAS = Remote Access Services.
Maybe MS uses that, or I might have seen it with Inverse Technoligies.

I'd have to compare two systems to try to remember what obvious
features the patchs add. (I'd have to do it quick, right after I did a clean
install.)  There are many small ones you can see, IF you look close
and have a fine eye for detail...

I think most of them are in the "plumbing"...
(Would MS waste the money on DUN 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 patches,
and the patches to the patches and the Y2K patches for that?)
MS must have explained it in White Papers on their site.

Sometimes things (versions) can be spotted (for instance) on the
"DUN Connect Box" (after a System call for Internet Services),
when the buttons have suddenly moved to a different position and
stay there forever (in the same old familiar dialog box...)
I first noticed that at my sisters when I kept hitting the same
BUTTON position that I was VERY used to hitting - without reading
the label.  I was taken to a different function, (like "not" connecting.)

I have lots of individual settings on my system set to "always ask"
or "confirm", so I see lots of things a normal user might not see.

Sorry I can't do better, but this is like asking (in more ways than one)
what is the difference in a 51 Plymouth and a 52 Plymouth.
(Answer: Mostly the grill and tail lights).

I have friends that I do not "patch" to the same level I patch my own
since MS has had a "rep" for making the maintainence of a system
harder once it has been patched. (Backing out patches to fix things,
etc...)

I am not the Pied Piper of Patching... If it works, don't fix it...

Most of the info you "want" is on old retired hard drives around here
(somewhere),  and I might see it someday just before I "Wipe" the drive...

Hope this helps...   Rick Glazier