Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 09:23:24 -0800
I do not particularly like QuickTime in my system, but it does come in
handy every once in a while. The tray icon can be waylaid except that it
will reappear
whenever QT is used. Go into start/run/msconfig and uncheck it from the
list of startup programs.

Merry Christmas

Tom Mayer

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> W2k Pro sp4, IE6, etc on desktop at home ...
>
> About a week ago, someone directed me to a web site that prompted me for
> install of QuickTime. I refused.
>
> Next day I notice a QuickTime icon in my tray. To my knowledge, I have
> never had Apple software on my system.
>
> I can't find QT in Start - Programs. I can't find it in Control
> Panel Add/Remove Programs. It festers in D:\Program Files\QuickTime
> as QTPlugin.ocx and qttask.exe. Qttask shows as a process in Task
> Mngr. No evidence of any uninstall facility. The QT web site sez to
> use Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.
>
> It appears that Apple QT hitched a ride on my little Windows desktop! :-)
>
> I don't do very much with video, but I have Win Media Player and
> VLC Media Player installed. Itunes and the like are a "foreign
> planet" to me.
>
> Q1: How can I get Apple QT removed from my system.
>
> Q2: How can I keep it off! :-)
>
> Any/all info/advice re this silliness much appreciated.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Peetie

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml