Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:18:17 -0700

  Passwords are the common example of simple one-factor authentication:
"something that only you know".  So if you've been able to change the
password, then you SHOULD now be the only person who knows it...  But to
avoid a repeat of the same issue, it would be nice to understand how
your old password became known to others.  Did you share it?  Was it
easy to guess?  Hopefully those are both "No" -- but time and again,
we've seen worms spread widely by logging into administrator accounts,
simply trying a list of 20-30 (or no more than 50) trivial passwords
such as "password", "12345", etc, so clearly real people sometimes do
choose really dumb passwords.
  I'm not certain whether Yahoo is vulnerable to the same issue (poorly
coded use of HTTPS for login) that made FaceBook passwords vulnerable to
the "FireSheep" exposure last year.  If you connect via unencrypted
wifi, this might have provided a way for someone else to learn your
password.
  MalwareBytes is a great program, and hopefully it will help identify
if your password was captured using malware on your computer such as a
keylogger.  Ideally, you need to perform this kind of check on every
computer from which you logged into Yahoo.

  Yahoo accounts do seem to get hacked like this, and used to spread
this variety of spam, fairly often -- which suggests to me that clicking
on the link in any of the spam messages might be a way to get your
account hacked like this....

  David Gillett
CISSP CCNP