Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:57:26 -0400
Oh, Rick,  thank you.  Finally a reasonable explanation of why I'm not getting my own posts.

Is there a any kind of work-around the "anti-email-loop protection" that is causing this problem?  I supposed I could subscribe via my ISP address, which I don't use for anything.

But is there a way to get around it using Gmail??

Thanks,
AnnaSummers

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Glazier
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Gmail

AnnaSummers said:
>You should not be getting spam in your INBOX with gmail.
>It should be going to the spam folder.
>If you see spam in your inbox, rightclick and report it.

This reminded me of one thing I never mentioned during this
thread (or far.) (Thanks AnnaSummers.)

I've been asked to expand on this, offlist, by a Moderator in
the past, so perhaps I should post it here to help others understand
some of the other ways Gmail works.

I only POP3 and (E)SMTP my Gmail. I _send_ on higher ports numbers
that work sometimes, depending on the paranoia of the ISP (or connection)
I happen to be going through (connecting with) at any particular time.
This helps with normal port 25 blocking, which should be the norm
by helping to prevent "open relays". (SPAMMERS love "open relays".)

I use the Gmail e-mail SERVERS direct, not their WEB interface.
This is allowed, and you start to set it up directly in "Options" (or similar)
on the Gmail WEB mail site, and then put the special settings in your
local client e-mail program, (OutlookExpress, etc...)

Side effects:
They NEVER send me (POP3) my own e-mail postings on this list.
(It is an anti-e-mail loop thing/protection),  (They appear in WEB mail),
AND I never see anything that might have been diverted to MY/their
SPAM Folder on the WEB interface (unless I specifically go there.)

Rick Glazier