Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:40:17 -0400
I haven't written code in many years, but in the days of 8 bit computers,
when programs were 40 k instead of 40 M, you could use a disk editor to
find the dialogue, searching in asci and editing in hex. If only a flag
was set you could easily change one or two hex digits to solve this
problem. I guess finding these few hex bytes in a 40 or 100 meg file
could be quite difficult, but theoretically possible.
Joel Bluming
ICQ #5875120

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:46:17 -0800 David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>On  3 Jul 98 at 7:23, JAB wrote:
>
>>    You know when you get those requesters that pop-up on various
>> programs with a choice of either "Yes" or "No" and one of them is
>> 'highlighted' - I was wondering if there is a way to 'switch' that
>> default highlight to the other setting.
>
>  The vast majority of these pop-ups go through the Windows
>"MessageBox" API.  A flag in one of the parameters to that API
>specifies which button is the default.
>  The result is that in general, this setting appears as a couple of
>"hard coded" bits buried in the code at the point where the pop-up is
>  Where there are other controls on the pop-up, besides the buttons
>(such as a "Don't ask again" checkbox), the pop-up is more likely to
>be defined in a dialog resource, and this is a bit easier to deal
>with.

>1992) could handle resources in Win16 binaries, but I don't know
>of a tool that could edit resources in a Win32 binary.  That's what
>it would take to do what you ask.
>
>David G

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]