Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:51:43 -0400
Hi Al,

I know you've already got some answers on this,but I'll try and give you a somewhat
different slant on this.It'll be also more extensive - 1- or 2 line answers don't
tell the whole story ;)

To start with - this is from the "horse's mouth " How to install or upgrade to
Windows XP   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941
" Note Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 Professional can only be upgraded to Windows XP
Professional. You cannot upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows XP Home."

1.Upgrade  > While it can be done,in general it is better to do a fresh install.
Reason: While a lot of System drivers are compatible with XP and even system hardware
components often have combined Win 2K and XP drivers, some do not and are
specifically for XP.
There are also other files that would be redundant on XP ,but are not deleted in the
upgrade.Others are not available in XP,but would be useful nonetheless.They can be
installed later though.

My advice: Do a system inventory.
Find the latest drivers for your Motherboard,Video card,Audio,modems and any other
hardware device.Check for BIOS updates.A lot are done via the website of the Mobo
manufacturer.Others via the specific hardware manufacturer.
Put them in respective folders and burn to CD.
You may well have the original driver CD,but those drivers will be outdated for the
most part.
XP will have some drivers,but again, they most likely will be outdated as well,
so use your own collection to install the required drivers specific to your hardware.
You install this after you have installed XP.

Depending on your XP setup CD,you'll need to do some updates.
The range of XP CDs goes from XP no SP, to XP SP1,XP SP2 and XP SP3.
If you have the older version,you'd be advised to create the latest version with SP3
integrated and use that for subsequent re-installs or do this in advance on another
machine and use it for the fresh install you're planning now.The method you use for
that is so-called slipstreaming.More on this if needed.

With proper preparation,you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Peter E.