Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:20:41 -0500
Greetings Minh & List--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Huonga3TCV" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

> Hi list,
> I have some documents with hyperlinks in .doc format, after I use Acrobat
> Distiller to convert the documents into .pdf format the hyperlinks are
not
> active. Could any of you help me to fix the problem?
> Another question for all of you is that is it possible to create
hyperlinks
> for document directly in Adobe Acrobat?
> Thank you in advance.
> Huynh Minh Huong
> Email: [log in to unmask]

--------------------------------

I am not sitting at the computer where I have Acrobat 4.0 (patched)
installed,
however; I'll do the best I can from memory.  (I could probably use some
more/
better RAM, though <G>.)

The first time I converted a .doc to a .pdf, I also ran across this
problem. To fix it,
highlight the hyperlink, then click the button that looks like chain links.
That is the
Acrobat hyperlink tool. Within this tool you can change the appearance of
the link
and define the action the link is to initiate when clicked on. (The
appearance variables
include invisible and visible rectangle, among [perhaps] others.)  In my
case, I wanted
to link the page to a URL.  This is one of the action choices. When chosen,
the next
step is to click on the button below this in order to enter the URL. Once
this is done,
click on "Set link", and the link will be "live".  (I'm not exactly certain
of the labels on
the buttons within the link tool, but once you use it, you'll get the
idea.)

Creating the links 'from scratch', as it were, in Acrobat is done in the
same way.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: