Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lewis M Russakov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:00:37 -0800
David,

Thanks for you reply, however I am still confused because I check the fix
box for "Microsoft
WindowsSecurityCenter.Firewall Disable" each time it is found and it
always returns on the next scan.

How do I get rid of it for all time?

Should I assume that my firewall is enabled? I check Microsofts firewall
and it still has the enable checked.

Finally is it OK to run two firewalls or like with Anti Viruses only one
should be running?

Thanks again.

Lewis
************************
Date:    Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:58:06 -0800
From:    David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Spybot Question

On 24 Nov 2006 at 21:15, Lewis M Russakov wrote:

> I am using Spybot-Search  & Destroy v 1.4 and every time I run a scan
it
> keeps detecting a problem called "Microsoft
> WindowsSecurityCenter.Firewall Disable".
> Expanding that entry there are two Registry setting sublistings as
> follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\windowsfirewall\standardpr
> ofile\enablefirewall!=dword:1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\windowsfirewall\domainpro
> file\enablefirewall!=dword:1
>
> I don't know what this all means and I do not want to fool with the
> Registry. I always click on "Fix the problem", but it comes back on the
> next scan.
>
> It doesn't appear that my MS firewall has been disabled., but I am
> confused by the statement near the end "enabledfirewall". Does that
mean
> that the firewall was disabled and somehow Microsoft enabled it?
>
> Should I be concerned since I also run Zone Alarm?

  If the Windows Firewall was "normally" enabled, those two registry
entries
should each be 1.  (In the programming languages most commonly used by
Windows programmers, "!=" means "does not equal" and "dword:" means
typical
32-bit integer value.

  My guess is that some part of running Zone Alarm means that this value
gets set to something else, either zero (disable Windows firewall) or
perhaps some special value which the Windows Security Center knows means
"ZoneAlarm is taking care of firewll duties" -- probably the latter.

David Gillett

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml