Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:45:37 -0400
From: "Don Penlington" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 7:13 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] XP maximum performance

> I have Zone Alarm, AVG, and SpywareGuard running only when on internet,
and
> I update and run both AdAware and Spybot regularly or after visiting
> suspect sites such as "free" screensavers.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Don.  Very good set up you got, I should
say!  I believe I migrated to XP few weeks after you did but just didn't
have the chance to eXPlore much to learn and eXPerience this new system yet.
Majority of the machines I deal with are mostly the good ol' Win9x's, MEs
and 2Ks.  I guess most of the people from the South (Georgia) either just
want to hang on to their current systems, don't want to spend money for a
new system or perhaps, are just not sold to XP yet.  Whatever the case maybe
I was once accused of "trying to re-invent the wheel" when I tried to
convince a local folk to upgrade to XP from 95... eeeh!!

Now, my question.  As you mentioned above "only when on internet,"  do you
then disable these programs manually every time, when you decide to work
from your local programs (C drive) only like maybe using MS Word?  Or does
XP have an option to go either way automatically?  (Excuse my ignorance and
in-eXPerience!)  My ZA, AVG, MailWasher and Hijack This! ride the Start up
file.  And it does make a lot of sense to turn them off when you're working
from your local drive only.  Is there a way to automate this as we used to
do batch files in DOS?  Anyone?  Ideas?

I know I'm way behind with everyone else but I'm trying.  Like Win98 S/E,
maybe I'll learn enough about XP by the time it reaches its end of life!!
*Grin!*

Emie DelRosario

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml