Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Hundemer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:10:25 -0500
I'm afraid I'm over my head in trying to find out just what the
"Themes" Downloads are all about.

I've downloaded and unzipped the File entitled "gbu" for "Good,
Bad, and Ugly" thinking that I'd just be able to point & click on a
couple of buttons & sit back & enjoy...  Well it's a little more
complicated than that for this Newbie as the "Readme file"
illustrates as follows:

>>The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Theme
>>High color/True color theme -- okay in 256K @ 800x600
>>To install...
>>Create an empty folder named "GBU" in the Plus!\Themes
>>sub-directory.

How do I create an empty Folder?  I'm not sure what they are
talking about?  Guess I'm really in trouble if I can't even read the
"Readme file" huh?

>>Unzip the files into their proper directories.

What does this mean?

>>*.WAV files & *.JPG file & *.TXT files & *.ICO files
>>into the empty folder labeled "GBU"
>>in the Plus!\Themes subdirectory.
>>*.THEME files into the \Plus!\Themes directory.
>> INI & *.CUR files into the Windows\Cursors directory.

Does this work automatically somehow?  Do I drag & drop
something somewhere?

>>*.SYS files (Logo.sys in C:\) & (Logos.sys and Logow.sys in
>>C:\Windows)
>>*.SCR and file in C:\Windows ( screensaver )
>>*.TTF files into  C:\Windows\Fonts directory
>>*** Extra icons included, one for the "Internet" and the other is
>>for...

After Downloading I use my "Find Utility" from the Start Button and
search "gbu" & find that I have showing 40 "files/line items.  There
is one unzipped "File Folder" (This Shows 45 icons when I click on
it) ; 15 "WAV Clips"; 14 "Cursor" files; 7 Icon files; and,  one line
item showing as a "zipped" "Winzip" File.

>>+++++++++++++LOGO SCREENS ARE NOT
>>ANIMATED++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
   >>*.sys file type is usually hidden in most people's computers
    >>under Win95. So, you might have trouble finding *.sys
    >>files. To see these hidden files, you can use either suggestion
    >>below.

    >>suggestion a.   go to Explorer
                    >>choose View menu, then select Options...
                    >>in the dialog, enable "Show all files"

I've been able to locate a .sys file using the
explorer>View>Options"... but I'm not clear on what to do at this
point.

    >>suggestion b.   use a DOS window, in which most *.sys files
                    >>can be viewed normally
  >>Extract the new .SYS file to a temporary directory.
  >>Move (backup) original "start-up" logo, "LOGO.SYS" from the
  >>root directory of your boot drive, usually C:\ to another
  >>temporary directory.

  >>Use DOS window or Explorer to copy new logo file to the
  >>root directory, renaming the new copy to "LOGO.SYS"

Maybe If I knew more about what I was trying to do (I've never seen
anybody run a "Theme" before) I'd find it easier to understand what
I should be trying to do!

  >>Example of DOS command:
  >>copy c:\temp\logo.sys c:\logo.sys

  >>Restart your computer and you're done!

So what's my question? :-)

Should I maybe read something before trying to do this Theme
Business?

Any suggestions on getting me "a little closer to the hole" on this?

TIA

Bob<[log in to unmask]>

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html