Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 18:41:43 +0200
Hi

Changing a programs location will not adversley affect it at all...as long
as you only make this change during the install. Once a program is installed
it is generally not a good idea to move it around. To move a program you
will need to unistall it and then run the install again and instead of
putting the program in the C drive tell it to install onto the D drive (or
any other drive for that matter)

This E drive with 31.2MB sounds a bit strange ? what do you use it for if
anything ? Mabey you should repartition your HD (if you not sure what u
doing then perhaps ask sumone who does as this is not a simple procedure
unless you buy Partition Magic 4 or similar program)
**A Handy Hint**
An idea might be to compress the E drive with DriveSpace and then use it for
your broswer cache or to keep all your text files or all your images on your
PC....you can cram lots of data files into a compressed drive and you won't
notice a performance hit as you have a Pentium and as long as you keep your
programs on the C drive and D drive and your data on the E.
*****

Hope I helped
Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains/
Never fight with a dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese

Hello List,

My hard drive is divided (partitioned?) into C, D, and E. C & D each have
1.99GB, and E has 31.2 MB. The 'My Documents', 'Program Files', 'Windows',
etc. files are all located, by default, in C. C is, after almost 2 years of
use, filling up. Also, every now and then I've been getting the warning
'system resources low', which I assume is because C is getting full. How do
I use the other parts of my hard disk? When I install new software, the
default location is always in C, and I'm afraid of changing that because I
don't know what the consequences will be. I'm also afraid of transferring
stuff from C to D -- how will programs 'know' to look in D instead of in C?
(I once tried to copy 'My Documents' to D, but I noticed there were a number
of 'hidden files', so I canceled what I was doing because I didn't know what
those hidden files were.) Do I need to download/buy special software to do
this -- if so, what would be recommended? Or is it just a simple copying or
transferring of files?
I have Windows95 (Hebrew Enabled) on a Pentium 166 MMX with 32MB RAM.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>