Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
brian+skingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:42:00 -0000
Hi Listers,

I have been a subscriber to the above for many, many months.

Both PCs mentioned below run under Win XP and are appropriately up to date.

The Desktop uses Office 2002(XP) amongst other software and the Laptop is
currently running Office 2007.

Recently I have become unable to read the individual messages on the Desktop
after accessing the daily list.

The individual messages are all in .msg format.  And obviously other .msg
messages cannot be opened in Outlook

When I try and access a message a window opens entitled Locate Link Browser;
this has My Documents within it , all folders, and File Name is blank with
File Type shown as Executable (.exe)

This is, I believe, down to my version of Outlook on the Desktop Computer
which has become unable to view anything in .msg format.

I seem unable to reset the File Association on these .msg messages on this
computer.

Obviously I have created an error a month or so ago. Although what, and how,
or when, I have no idea!  Except that we are talking January 2008.  All
messages in my inbox are similarly affected, right back to mid 2006, many of
which have been opened and read on this machine.

I can read all messages on another (laptop) computer as its .msg format is
tied to Outlook in File Associations.

I can switch the laptop's File Association from anything to, well almost,
anything and back again - no problem.

The Desktop's File Association's for .msg files cannot be changed to the
correct Outlook File Association however hard I try, it can be changed to
some other things, including a MSG File Association but this does not help
as it does not open the messages in anything usable.  The Icon for .msg
files was incorrect and I do not have an appropriate Envelope Icon in my
Icon file list - I have temporarily changed the default icon - a tiny window
with a blue header and two tiny items within it, each with different
colours. I normally recognize this as a fault situation. I have temporarily
changed the Icon to a folder Icon.

The only thing that I can think of to move forward is to run XP again in
Repair mode, something I am reluctant to do (I have not had to do this for a
couple of years) and I am not sure of the repercussions on the update level
or anything else that I have not thought of - so I am looking for an
alternative way forward from the skilled guys at PClist.

Thanks, I will obviously supply any further details requested.

My .pst file is currently some 1500 Megabytes and I shall  be doing some
more archive work to reduce that!

This afternoon!

Brian

16:45 GMT