Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Shyamal Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:34:17 +0500
At 07:59 AM 9/23/98 +0900, you wrote:
SG>> I like your "downgraded to Win98" ! Great one !!
>
L>It wasn't a joke!  :)))))

I know. That's why I liked it !! ;)

>I still don't understand why you're going from Win95 to Win3.11 when
>you want to wipe the system.  And reinstalling Win95 back over 3.11
>again <gasp>.  _This_ is why your system is always slowing down,

I don't think so. I do a bare-bones Win 3.11 install.

I take this additional trouble of installing Win3.11 first (it actually
adds only about 20-30 minutes more in all) as a safety measure.

Way back, I had had to uninstall Win95 (had messed up the Registry while at
some early-days experimentations) at a point of time when I was writing
some articles for publication and for distribution to students. Quite
urgent it was, too. Net result, I was delayed by a few crucial hours till I
reinstalled Win95 and other applications.

Since I use MS Office 4.3 (for Win 3.1x), I now have a backup in case
something goes unexpectedly wrong with Win95. I need only to uninstall
Win95, and continue using Word 6.0 and Excel 5.0, since I rely heavily on
these for my work. And I don't at all need the enhancements in Office '97.

I also use email a lot, and sometimes can't afford to be without email
access for few daytime hours.

I've tried various Uninstall programs, and I may be wrong, but can't feel
satisfied with their work. Haven't, however, tried out any of the recent
ones over the last 5/6 months or so. Maybe I'll give one of these a try.

But please remember -- the context is that I install and uninstall a lot of
small and big programs regularly. Maybe 25-30 every week.

>Dlls are always problematic, but they don't slow your system down, they
>just take up space on the HD.

Also, a few odd keeping getting loaded at boot-up time, even after the
programs that use them are uninstalled.

>Unfortunately, they are often shared, and
>there is no safe way to remove them other than to move them to some
>temp file for a couple of months and wait and see if anybody complains.

It's for this that I find  the small little freeware "Clean System
Directory" very useful.

>Good luck with that 500 mb laptop.  :)

Thanks. Have got so attached to it ! But sadly, it needs retirement soon !

Cheers.

Shyamal Gupta
25D, Selimpore Road, Calcutta 700 031. INDIA
Voice : 91-33-3440643
E-Mail : [log in to unmask]

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**