Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:26:24 -0500

Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Could you tell me what the normal association for .BMP files
>is in Win95?  I'm such a novice that I though
>PictureViewer.EXE was the normal association for Win95 but
>apparently it isn't.

Rick Glazier replies: When Windows is installed originally,
I believe it would be MSPaint.exe   This program can be
left out of a custom install of Windows and then nothing
would be "normal" --- Just what ever program happened to
be properly installed and registered for that extension.
Since PictureViewer.EXE is part of QuickTime, and millions
of people have it, it might be considered fairly "normal".
But, QuickTime handles a lot of other extensions also,
(or not when removed...) so fiddling with all of the
extensions that were disabled was what made me say it
seemed harder to do it that way.  I believe there were
more problems than the "poster" was aware of.
A minor correction on my original post: I mentioned
MS Mediaplayer2.  That is a mixture of the filename and
the program name.  What they should have "looked for"
was MS MediaPlayer v6. This is the MS "QuickTime" wana-be.
As with most programs, be sure your computer "meets specs".
       Rick Glazier

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com