Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:36:08 -0700
What a mess.

I set up a nice computer for a friend of mine with Win98 on it.  He has
a teen son and I told him to keep him from loading up games on it or he
would run out of disk space soon. (He wanted it for himself and his
older daughters for school work, not for games).

So one day this week his nerdy, know-it-all- brother went to his house,
started playing with AOL and some games and decided to download some
games to play alone (not on the net).  No one knows what he did, but
after he left, one of the girls went to turn on the computer and the
system boots into a DOS game.  If you quit the game, Win98 reboots and
it went right back into the DOS game again.

I booted the computer into DOS and found two lines in the autoexec.bat
file that changed the drive/directory and then called for a specific
program in that subdirectory.  But when I REM'd out the lines of code
and rebooted, the system did something new that was strange!

It ran config.sys and autoexec.bat and after it loaded the sound driver,
it stated DOSKey initialized, then gave the prompt 'Press any key to
continue.'

However, when you press any key, it reboots, Win98 starts to load, and
then it comes back to this prompt again.

I searched both Autoexec.bat and Config.sys for any pause command and I
could not find one.  I'm a DOS/Win3.11 person.  I know these two files
are not REALLY used by Win9x, but I just don't want to go and delete
them.

I guess the big Question is what can I do about this?  (Besides tell the
guy to shoot his brother!)

Any and All hints are truly appreciated.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com