Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Frank Warhurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:50:37 -0500
I use WINDOWS98 Internet Explorer 6.00.2800???? and Outlook Express 6. Booting from my 30Gig drive, for some time I frequently get "Error on page" in the status line, my "Open in new window" doesn't work, and attempting to use the "Preview" [facility] when composing input to a forum does not work and gets the "Error on page" note.
     Attempts to reinstall the same software or earlier software on this drive fails because it says there is a newer version already installed.
      I'd like to be able to boot up this drive as the only drive with the least disturbance to what is already installed.
      On a mirror-image 20GIG drive, I used a DOS program to wipe out a lot of the WINDOWS, IE and OE files, then installed WINDOWS98 from scratch and an earlier version of both IE and OE on that drive
 and, booting from that drive, everything works but what a mess reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc!
     I can't just make a mirror copy of the 30 to the 20 because it won't fit.
     What are the key files I can/[must?] remove or defeat on the 30gig drive which will allow a reinstallation to correct the faults?  Or is there another way? Which program is responsible for these faults?  Windows98?  IE6?  OE6?
               Thank all for any help,     Frank Warhurst

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml