Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Cheesehead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 21:46:25 -0700
>>Too bad you're having such problems.  I'm running WIN98 and I VERY pleased
>>with the way IE5 works.  It's much faster than IE4 and even works better
>>than Netscape 4.5.  (this from a Netscape diehard - lookout Netscape).
>
>I hate to admit this -- being a diehard critic of Microsoft, and avid
>supporter of Opera -- but this time MS has a real browser ! It's working
>very well on my system -- Pentium 166 MMX, 64 MB RAM. It's even faster than
>Opera !
>
>Would like to hear a few more users of the new IE5 about their experiences.

I was just the opposite . . . I have always been a supporter of MS.  I
downloaded IE5 and installed and had nothing but problems.  Everything else
I had sung the praises of Win98.  I uninstalled IE5 to go back to IE4 and it
trashed my Win98 installation.  It wouldn't even boot into safe mode.  Did
an overinstall of Win98 and it worked a couple of reboots and said it found
an error in the registry.  It reloaded the old registry and I was back where
I had started.  Had to do the dreaded format c: and do a fresh install.
(  First bad experience with Win98.

LaMont Bankes

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: