Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:24:49 -0500
Dear PCSoft folks,

Thanks to everyone who responded.  In Instant Messenger's setup,
autoexec.bat or config.sys files, nor is it in the win.ini or
system.ini files.  It is not in the Windows Start Menu StartUp
folder.  I have specifically checked the following in the registry:

1) The Run, RunOnce, RunServices and RunServicesOnce keys under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

2) The Run and RunOnce keys under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

3)  subkeys under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\

And I have done more general searches in the registry on aol, aim,
instant, messenger, etc.  Nothing.  Any other ideas would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!

Holli

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:47:35 -0700, Leon E. Zimlich replied:

***************

> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Holli Van Nest wrote:
>
> > Dear PCSoft folks,
> >
> > I recently installed AOL's Instant Messenger on my machine.  When I
> > first installed it, a command to run it on startup was put in the
> > following section of my registry:
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
> >
> > I deleted it from there, and also checked every other place I know of
> > for startup information.  I rebooted and it didn't load
> > automatically.  However, every 3rd time or so that I reboot my
> > machine, it loads automatically.  When I check the registry, there it
> > is, back in the registry in the same place.
> >
> > How can I stop it from doing this?  I really don't want it to load
> > automatically.  Thanks for your help.

*********
Holli Van Nest

                     visit our download web page at: