Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Arthur Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:02:33 -0500
don penlington wrote:

> Demetri writes:
>
> <<From Norton CleanSweep SupportNow! News Bulletin:
>  >>2.  Applications not recommended to be monitored, uninstalled, moved,
> or transported.
> There are several applications and file types we recommened that you
> do not monitor, uninstall, move, archive, or transported with
> CleanSweep.
>
> Considering the above, would Don Penlington still recommend CleanSweep as
> first choice to uninstall programs?
>
> Secondly, how can programs Symantec recommends not be monitored with
> CleanSweep be removed from CleanSweep lists of programs monitored?>>
>
> RESPONSE:
>
> A few people report having had difficulty with Cleansweep.  I have used it
> now for some 4 years with never a hitch---I would rate it as one of my most
> reliable and essential programs .
>
> Like anything else, there will always be a few systems with which any
> program of this nature will not be successful.  Nortons Utilities is
> another prime example of this---many people swear by it, others dislike it.
>
> Having said that, I've recently switched from my original Cleansweep to the
> new version now  put out by Nortons.  I must say that there are some
> aspects of the new version that I find less appealing than the older
> original Cleansweep.  Cleanup, for example, is now too aggressive, and
> seems to remove files without prompting---a thing my old Cleansweep never
> did.  But this does not affect the uninstall operation, which appears to
> remain unchanged.
>
> Anything as tightly integrated with the Operating System as Internet
> Explorer and MS Office  should not be removed with any proprietary
> uninstaller, for pretty obvious reasons. That's only common
> sense.  Although, in fact, I did uninstall Office 97 with Cleansweep, with
> no ill effects, a long time ago when I was young and innocent.
>
> As to removing details from the Monitor list,  this is not
> necessary.  Monitoring is purely passive, no more than a log of what gets
> installed and where.  You can view this log if you wish, and can clean out
> the old stuff occasionally.
>
> Don Penlington
>
> Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
> Computer tutorials,Fractals, poetry, free icons,  and beautiful Queensland
> beaches.
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download
>                      visit our download web page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

For uninstalling there is nothing better than an Aussie program TRIALBLAZER
which monitors the installation, then gives you the option of keeping or
uninstalling. Uninstall is complete - files, registry, etc. NO problems. Highly
recommended.

--
ARTHUR L. BARNETT               Voice: 301 654-3229
7701 Woodmont Ave., #401        Fax: 301 654-3857