Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:37:09 -0500
This is really open to speculation, I guess.  The trend among "major
software developers" is toward using HTML files for help files (as well as
many other types of "text" files) instead of the older (more-or-less)
propritary HLP format.  This is what was meant in the original message you
are referring to.

I think part of that trend is a result of the lack of help-file tools other
than those released as part of programming environments or as stand-alone
applications such as RoboHelp.  Maybe it's a step toward eliminating one
"standard" file-format in favor of another which is more commonly known and
available to users.  Or maybe it is just another lemming leaping over the
Internet-as-the-universe cliff.  If anyone has any concrete facts on
whether this trend will continue, I'd like to hear them.

----------
> From: William Marsee <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [PCSOFT] Help.hlp or Help.htm
> Date: Friday, October 23, 1998 3:42 PM
>
> I would like to ask why HTML help files are suggested over compiled .HLP
> files.  Whenever I attempt to open an .HTM file my system insists on
opening
> the browser.  My browser is a slow loading multi-megabyte program.  When
> open a compiled .HLP file it opens emmediatly.  Have I missed something
in
> the conversation?

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**