Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:24:48 -0500
I'm trying to figure out a way to color band entire rows where one cell is identical to the previous row, in MS Excel.  For example, say I have a spreadsheet, with:
Name in column A,
Street Address in column B,
City, State and Zip in columns C, D and E.
Data is sorted by Street Address.
I would like to be able to band the first set of identical addresses (let's say rows 2 & 3) yellow; the second set (rows 4, 5 & 6) no color; the third set (rows 7 & 8) are yellow again.  There's no limit on the number of rows with the same address, but I'm guaranteed to have a minimum of two rows for each address.

I have conditional formatting set to change the font color of subsequent address cells (B3, B5, B6, B8 in the previous example) to white, making it invisible.
However, I can't figure out how to band the entire row.

Because I'm working with compatibility issues, I would really like for the solution to work in Excel 97, 2000 and XP.

Thanks for any help!
Ron Jobe

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml