Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jessi Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:52:04 -0700
Hi Bob,
I've un-installed AVG and am now using AVAST. My problem is I can't find anywhere in the AVAST settings on how to run a manual scan. I can see it offers excellent protection as it runs and updates in the background. However, I would like to do a manual scan every now and then, just for my own satisfaction. I would feel a bit more comfortable having more control over my Anti-virus program and my computer. Thanks, PCSOFT members' help is always appreciated.
Jessi

--- On Sat, 5/31/08, Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] AVAST Anti-virus Program and Windows XP update
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 9:10 PM

Hi Mike,
You have three options for updating Avast
Right click on the blue Avast (a) icon in the lower right tray.
Select "Program settings"
Then select "Update (Basic)". Your choices are:
1 Automatic
2 Ask when updates available
3 Manual
Make a choice for data updates & and for program updates.
Next select "Update (Connection)"
and tell it what type of internet connection you use.

I have a fairly fast cable connection so I allow Avast to update itself
automatically. It updates frequently and quickly, and has never caused a
problem for me. If you have a slow telephone connection, it may be better to
update manually, at a time of your convenience.

The update options are the only ones I've changed.

If you don't disable it, Avast will provide some real-time protection. In
addition, you can initiate scans for existing problems as often as you feel
necessary.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>