Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 00:06:36 -0600
Kshitiz--

  LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd

  INITCOMPLETE = SDVXD
    INITCOMPLETEFAILED  = SDVXD>>

I think you can rule out those load failures as the cause of the problem.

I checked these on mine with Bootlog Analyzer  and my system shows the same
failures, so both those failures appear to be normal.

My, you certainly have been busy, and the detail you've supplied should
enable someone to help you.  But I guess that's the way we learn about
these confounded things---experience is the best teacher, though sometimes
we could do with a little less of it.

Sounds to me, (though this is just a wild guess), that your registry is
corrupted and needs to be replaced.  If you have no backup, (and the
built-in Win98 backups won't help you, as you'd have to go right back to a
copy made before these troubles began) I'd guess you're in for a Windows
reinstall--you'd probably need to completely uninstall the current version
first, then do a new installation.  But try reinstalling "over the top"
first, can't do any harm, and you never know, it might fix the problem.

Bad news, I know, and perhaps some learned reader may have an easier solution.

The removal of Windows should be done in DOS---using Deltree.exe.  Make
sure you have a good startup floppy first, and that it loads your CD
drivers.  The emergency floppy made by Win 98 should do the trick.  Test
this floppy before you burn your boats, and make sure you can run your CD
from it.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Fractals, poetry, free icons and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html