Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:58:38 -0800
On 22 Oct 98 at 12:06, Ahamed Kaize wrote:
and again on 22 Oct 98 at 23:42, Ahamed Kaize wrote:

> I'm new to this list but old to the computer administration,
> planing start developing a small Point-of-Sales software.
>
> Which tools is easy to get this work done?  How is Delphi 3?

  You'll get the best programming leverage from something that
includes tools to support

(a) GUI
  Most Windows programming environments are fairly good in this
regard.

(b) database
  Many Windows programming environments come in a reasonably-priced
version without this, and a "pro" version which includes this for two
or three times the price.  You *could* "roll your own", but odds are
good that that will cost even more in the long run.

  Item (b) applies to Delphi, as well as to alternatives, and is a
more important question than your choice of C++, Delphi, Java or
(shudder) Visual BASIC.  Depending on your background, one of these
languages may require less effort for you to learn than the others.

David G

                                  -----