Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Norm Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:09 +1000
Steve
Thanks for your suggestion. I got the query to work on a value (Max)that was
unique,which was good.However, the min value wasn't unique so obviously the
second query was very upset. You suggested that if this happens I was to include
a unique ID field in the first query, but the instance I do this I am back to
the original problem of selecting a min value and its individual
description-which Access won't let you do. Am I asking the impossible?
Thanks
Norm

Moskowitz, Steve E. wrote:

>         Norm - One simple way to do this is to embed a query in a query.
> First, create a simple query which returns the MIN value in the field your
> searching on.  Then create a second query which links this single record
> back to the table with the description so you can include the description.
>
>         Note - If the MIN value is not unique to one record in the table,
> the first query will also need to include a unique ID field in order to
> return the desired description in the 2nd query.
>
>         Hth,
>         Steve M.
>
>         I want to create a query based on two fields, one showing the cost
> of
>         items and the other field giving a description of each item. I have
>         tried to creat a query based on a group total MIN on the cost of
> items
>         field(to give me the minimum value) and on the the other field I
> want to
>         show what is in the description field associated with the MIN value.
>         can get the MIN value if I just base the query on this field.
> However
>         the instance I include the other field into the query I don't get a
>         minimum value just the whole of the database associated with these
> two
>         fields.
>         Any ideas
>         Norm Thompson
>
>                          PCSOFT's List Owner's:

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]