Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:34:29 +0800
I missed the original post, but if one symptom is that you find you
don't have the 'Install New Font' option under the File menu in your
fonts folder (Control Panel - Fonts), then you should read this MS
article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;133725
The first resolution listed has worked every time for me.

We had a number of new Compaq Win2k PC's delivered once (2001) that had
this issue. I eventually was told by our supplier that it was to do with
the master image of Windows used at manufacture.
However I've come across it a couple more times since then on other
brand PC's. So no idea what causes it...

Rick P

> Date:    Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:45:11 +1000
> From:    Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Fonts problem
>
> ?? writes:
>
>  >>we cannot = access additional fonts in the fonts folder
> and cannot install a new = font in the windows/font folder. >>
>
> I've taken the liberty of changing the subject line, as the
> original one ("Request assistance") is unlikely to attract
> the proper attention.
>
> Could it be that you have too many fonts installed? On
> bootup, Windows loads the contents of the Fonts folder into
> memory, so that it is not wise to have too many fonts in your
> main Fonts folder. Performance may suffer otherwise. I have
> an idea that for this reason, there might be a limit to the
> number of fonts allowed.
>
> I have all my auxilliary fonts in a separate folder, so that
> they don't load at startup.
>
> If this is the case, try moving a few and see what happens.
>
> Don Penlington

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml