Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jorge Ocasio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:36:48 -0400
At 06:39 PM 9/30/98 PDT, you wrote:
>        I had installed Win 98 over Win95B OSR2 with SP1 and IE 4.01 but
now Win
>98 is malfunctioning.  I wanted to re-install Win95B (my CD does have the
>SETUP.EXE file).  Since Win 98 would not boot up, I could not use the
>uninstall feature, so I tried installing Win 95B over it.  The installation
>seemed to go OK but, when I tried to boot up Win 95B, I was told that I had
>an invalid Windows configuration and got the following message:  Invalid
>VxD dynamic link call from 105(04)+00000E2F device "VMM", service 1A7.
>        Does anyone have any suggestions on my getting back to Win 95B
OSR2 with
>SP1 and IE 4.01?  Any ideas sure would be greatly appreciated.
>        Karl Kuller       [log in to unmask]

Karl,

Did you convert to FAT32 after you upgraded to Win98?  If you did so this
is the cause of your problem.  Once you convert you lose the ability to
un-install Win98 and reinstall Win95.

What you are forced to do is to format your hard drive back to FAT16 and
then reinstall Win95B.  Obviously, this drastic step will wipe out and data
you had stored on the drive.  I hope you had backed up your data.

As an alternative have you tried to reinstall Win98?  It has the ability to
reinstall any corrupted files it finds (this only applies to Win98 files).

Jorge

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**