Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:45:06 -0400
I need help folks.  This one really has me stumped.  If I hadn't been
there to see this, I would have thought it impossible.

First the network specs:
Windows 95 peer to peer network with 3 PCs:
      Leading Edge Pentium 133 classic with 32Meg RAM
      Leading Edge 486 with 32Meg RAM
      No-name P-166MMX with 32Meg RAM
Windows 95 (no A, no osr, just plain old Win95) on all machines.
MS Access 97 with SR1 installed as a stand alone (non-networked)
application on the P-133.

Background information:
We have set up the customer, products, order, and order tables by using
the TABLE WIZARD.  Next we run the FORM WIZARD to create a form+subform
for the ORDER.  The wizard runs with no apparent problem and creates the
form.

Now here's the problem:
The completed form has all the correct data elements but the on the main
form section, the object LABELS for each data element all have the same
label name except for the first five elements.

In other words, the main form starts out with ORDER ID, ORDER DATE,
CUSTOMER ID, COMPANY NAME, CUSTOMER FIRST NAME, CUSTOMER LAST NAME,
CUSTOMER ADDRESS 1, CUSTOMER ADDRESS 2, CITY, STATE, etc etc etc.
Everything is fine down to the customer's first name, but from there on,
all the fields have the same label -- CUSTOMER ID.

The DESIGN view reveals that all the data fields are correct, but the
labels are all as noted above.  (NOTE that it did not simply start
repeating the customer first name label, but went backwards into the
listing and started using CUSTOMER ID)

More background info:
I have deleted and reinstalled ACCESS (rebooting in between) with no
change in the problem.

Since this is a 3 PC Win95 network, I went to the second PC (Leading Edge
486) and loaded ACCESS from that machine's network connection and
completed the same work as above.  THIS TIME, the main form has the
*first* 3 or 4 and the *last* 3 or 4 elements with their correct labels
and everything in the middle is labeled as CUSTOMER ID.

Hmmm......
Let's move on to PC #3 (no-name P-166 MMX).  On this PC, the FORM WIZARD
completes it's work and presents me with a   totally
blank/empty/nada/nothing form window.  But when I click on the DESIGN
VIEW, button..... everything is **exactly** as it should be.  I saved the
form, and clicked back to the FORM VIEW and it is still empty.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html