Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:18:39 -0700
At 04:27 AM 01/23/2001, Hass Shayto wrote:
>Upon booting and reaching the early stage of windows, the floppy
>drive light comes on associated with an annoying sound very much like
>woody wood pecker lasting for 5 seconds or so. I know there is some
>command [?] telling windows to search the floppy drive but what
>and where is this command? I already did the following steps and
>failed to dismiss said behavior:
>- checked that the Autoexec's Path line doesnot include A:\
>- confirmed the bios is setup to boot from C:\ then from A:\
>- opened controlPanel-systemIcon-performanceTab-fileSystem-floppyDisk
>   and cleared the option related to searching for new FDD
>- nothing awkward in win.ini, under [windows] : "load/run=" lines
>- nothing awkward in system.ini, under [386enh] : "device=" lines
>
>Your input is appreciated.
>Hass Shayto

Here are a few more for you to try:

1) Clear the documents menu.
2) Clear Unwanted Entries from the Start Menu's Run Command.
3) Check for any viruses on your system (some users have reported
     the NEUVILLE virus)
4) Search your hard disk for all .PIF that point to programs on a
     floppy drive
5) Take out LocalLoadHigh=1 from your MSDOS.SYS file.
6) Check HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID in the Registry for
     any references to OCX's or DLL's referenced on the floppy.
7) Double-click on the System icon in Control panel, choose
     the Device Manager tab, and delete the GENERIC FLOPPY
     DISK entry (found under Disk drives). When Windows
     restarts, it'll re-detect the drive and the problem should go away.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml