Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:27:11 -0800
Hi again, I believe I just answered my own question. I went to the system
folder and found that the file, fixpnp.exe was created today, while
installing DeskScan. So, I just deleted it and the entry in the autoexec.bat
and viola, no more messages at boot. Now, does anyone have any idea why when
I open sysedit I get, "Cannot open C:\config.sys" if I click ok, then it is
in sysedit, but blank, which I assume is ok with Win98.

Brad Loomis

Hi all,
I just did the "Spring Cleaning" fdisk on my machine. All fast and pretty
now. In reloading apps, I got to HP's DeskScan software for my 4C. I used
End It ALL as I do before installing software. I had a hang, Stub16 not
responding. I ended task, and the install continued with out a visible
hitch. However since there was a problem, I uninstalled from control panel,
ran Easy Cleaner, rebooted and tried again. Same problem. So I installed
without closing anything and all went ok. Now I get during boot up a dos
line that looks like this:
C:\>C:\Windows\System\fix_pnp.exe
Fix PNP - Symbios Logic - v00.00.04
Oh, I also had a SCSI bus scan timeout after this, but only once.
This is in my autoexec.bat now from sysedit. Can I safely add @ to stop this
action or just delete?, and does anyone have any idea what this may have
been caused by?
System
ABIT BX6r1
AH2940UW with 3-UW HDD, Plextor CD-ROM
AH2906 with Plextor 12/10/32, zip and external scanner.
Everything is terminated ok, cable length ok, operating properly.

Thanks,
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: