Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:49:21 -0600
Allen writes:

<<Can anyone explain to me what happens when I leave my computer for a time
(say,
30 minutes) and then return to it and cannot continue using the
applications that I left
open? >>

Hard to say, as you haven't supplied details of your system.

Check all fans and ensure good ventilation, could be overheating problem.
May be memory/resource shortage.  How many and what kind of applications do
you leave open?  Too many will run you critically low on resources, so that
there's not enuf petrol left in the tank to get the big things
going.  Adding more RAM might help. Not having so much open might help
more. Don't forget to check what's also running in the background (a-v and
suchlike). Maybe you don't need some of these to be always running.

Could also be a memory leak. (See my tutorial on this).

To check resources, open any Explorer window, click Help/About Windows, and
you will see available resources. Check this figure before and after
leaving your computer and see if there's any difference. Below about 30%
means problems. Try to keep it above about 50%, depending on your system.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>