Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:11:29 -0400
Hi guys

On 16 May 2002 at 23:00, don penlington wrote:

> 2. <<I'm trying out Zone Alarm.  I saw a mention somewhere in my travels about
> dial-up connections not needing Zone Alarm or similar firewalls.  I'm
> curious to know if there is any foundation to this comment.>>
>
> I think I've seen similar comments. My totally uninformed guess is that
> hackers don't much look at dialup connections because of the time it would
> take to load their nefarious spyware into your computer, crack whatever
> passwords you have,  and extract whatever info they want---the hard drive
> activity would probably be quite noticeable and would in itself put you on
> guard that something extraordinary was going on.
>
> My own attitude is:  if there's anything on my computer you want, please
> feel free to help yourself.  I may feel a little put out if you put
> anything in that I don't want. But as I'm now 6 years overdue for a
> reformat, and have everything important backed up as I go, you might even
> be doing me a favour by hacking me into oblivion.
>
> To put it crudely---if hacking matters to you, if you have vital info to
> protect, go for ZA.   If it doesn't, why bother?  I have the impression
> that many of us are over-paranoiac about such things.  Until I get hit by a
> hacker---then doubtless I'll scream blue murder!
If you put on Zonealarm or other such software one you will see that
many people are attempting to get information. Most hits are not
hackers. A few are high alarms. The program will even tell you what
someone was looking for. It can also trace a pattern where one
address has selected you for further inquiry. If some is constantly
trying to gain access, you can trace it and report it in.

Richard F. Bolha

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml