Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:06:04 -0800
Rick Thornton,
I'm sure no expert here, but I do have a little experience with AVG to
share.  I recently uninstalled AVG, because it became obvious to me that it
wasn't running right.  Every time I ran it, it told me it found 1 virus and
fixed it.  I could run it right away again without doing anything in between
and it would still tell me it found and repaired one virus.  And yet when I
booted, it said there were no viruses, but if I ran the scan again, it would
still say one.  I ran an online scan of my system and I was virus free.  I
wasn't sure what to do and then I ran into this site which rates the
anti-virus programs and AVG failed.
http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/tests.xml?200402

One of the programs that passed and was free was Avast!, so I downloaded it.
It seemed to be working, because it passed two parts of the test at Panda,
but not the surfing sites test.  And now it's not even listed at the above
site.  Does anyone have any experience with Avast!
Carol Hanson

Hi,

I have a lady who suddenly cannot browse the net as she gets only a "this
page cannot be displayed" whenever she tries. Also her OE "encounters a
problem" on start and closes. She has a Celeron ( not sure what) with 256
ram running 98se. She has installed all updates. She was also running Kerio
Personal firewall and AVG. The problem began last week when Kerio reported a
problem locating a file and wouldn't open. (No idea what file). So she
uninstalled it using add/remove programs. Then she could not browse or use
her email even though the connection to the isp is made.

Today I went over and tried Firefox but same problem. AVG reports no virus.
Ran a repair on Ie and no luck. Checked registry and found some Kerio
entries which I deleted.  The problem persists. I don't want to format and
reinstall if I can avoid it as she has TONS of music and photos to burn off!
Can anyone assist? Is this a virus?

Thanks

Rick Thornton