Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:22:06 -0400
What we need is an accepted source of definitions, because "Common
parlance", as in a Google search "Define: DISK CLONE, comes up with
imaging in nearly case.
'XXCLONE is Windows software. The tool can create a self-bootable
clone of a Windows drive as well as full backups of non-system
volumes. Basically, it can make a hard drive image."
"DriveImage XML (Windows)

In contrast to Drive Backup Express, DriveImage XML is a visually very
basic tool. However, it reliably creates images of logical drives and
partitions and restores these to either the originating or a different
hard disk.

Like Drive Backup Express, DriveImage XML applies a cloning technique"
"Acronis gives you flexible, user-friendly ways to back up your data
on a regular basis. So if disaster strikes, you get it back quickly.
It not only recovers all your data but, thanks to full-image backups,"
What accepted reference source, other than personal, anecdotal  info
clearly defines this term?

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Peetie Wheatstraw
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> It is my understanding that, in common parlance, "cloning" refers to
> replication.
>
> "Disk Imaging", in common parlance, refers to the process of converting a
> native file structure to a proprietary format, which is what most "Backup"
> programs do.
>
> To refer to "disk Imaging" as "cloning" is, at minimum, confusing, and,
> at maximum, very misleading (wikipedia notwithstanding) IMHO.
>
>  Peetie
>
>>Date:    Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:12:43 -0400
>>From:    Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Free Clone Program
>>
>>The definition of cloning seems to include imaging in most cases.
>>
>>"Disk cloning is the process of copying the contents of one computer
>>hard disk to another disk or to an "image" file. Often, the contents
>>of the first disk are written to an image file as an intermediate
>>step, and the second disk is loaded with the contents of the image.
>>This procedure is also useful when moving to a larger capacity disk or
>>to restore the disk to a previous state."
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_cloning
>>
>>What is disk cloning?
>>
>>"Disk cloning is the act of copying the contents of a computer's hard
>>drive. The contents are typically saved as a disk image file and
>>transferred to a storage medium, which could be another computer's
>>hard drive or removable media such as a DVD or a USB drive."
>>http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/disk-cloning.html
>>

>          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com