Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:08:05 -0700
From: "Liz Wade"
Subject: [PCSOFT] OE and import problem

Have just finished reformatting drive and lost a lot of mail in the process.  Hopefully, this
doesn't duplicate a question.  I have a backup of my messages on a diskette - a series of dbx files.
My OE6 won't let me import them however I choose to do it.  Anyone have a suggestion as to how to
get them back?
Liz in MI
---------

Liz,

IF OE uses .DBX files...

This will work, but it's tedious if you have a lot of .dbx files.

It's important to follow the steps in order.
It's much easier to print these instructions first, as you will open and close OE often.

1) Open OE and create a new folder (anywhere except in 'deleted items' folder) named OLD EMAIL.

2) Close OE - don't forget this step!

3) Copy any .dbx file from your disk to a temp location, then rename it exactly the same as the new
folder you just created in OE - in this case, OLD EMAIL.dbx

4) Open the folder that contains your current .dbx files... generally they should be located
somewhere like:
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{5B0E5D8-D201-41B5-8DC7-7DD042C60B}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express.   (  If not, you'll have to search for them. )

5) Cut the .dbx file (that you renamed in step 3) from the temp location, and paste it into the .dbx
location you found in step 4.

6) If you've done it right so far, you'll get the "Are you sure you want to replace OLD EMAIL.dbx
with this one?" message...answer YES.

7) Open OE and go to your OLD EMAIL folder...there's your lost messages. Create a new folder with
whatever name you like, then from the file menu (while still in the OLD EMAIL folder) choose 'Edit /
Select all' then again choose "Edit / Move to folder..." and choose your new folder, then OK. If
there are hundreds of messages, it may take a minute or two to move them!

8) Now that you OLD EMAIL folder is empty, go back and repeat STEPS 2 to 7, and repeat for each .dbx
file on your disk...OR

You can do this all in one big swoop using the same method above if:

You create multiple folders in step 1 named  A, B, C,...etc.
You rename each .dbx file from your disk ( i.e.  A.dbx ,  B.dbx , C.dbx , etc...) (STEP 3)
hth

Al Thompson

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml