Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:41:29 -0400
MultiMate?  Jeez, I have trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast
<grin>and you expect me to remember something from a couple of months
ago..... errrr.... well, maybe that was more than just a few months <wink>

I remember the Multi - series MuliMate, MultiPlan, etc but I thought they
were fairly well limited to the IBM world.  I also thought that was around
the time of Symphony and Framework -- the early attempts at a "suite" of
tools ---- and they were all DOS based and ran in less than 1 Meg of RAM.
Now think about that for a minute and look at the bloated stuff we have
today.  Oh , it wasn't graphical, and it didn't have cute little animated
paper-clip things that pop up at the wrong time and cover up what you are
trying to work on... but they DID work and worked well!

At that time of life, I was writting technical documentation. I was banging
out  200-300 page books using Framework and NEVER (and I mean NEVER) had a
PC lockup.....ever.  It did everything todays software does (minus the
graphics and internet)  Multiple views, linked files, collapsable frames
(windows), multileveled outlines, bulleted or numbered lists, and more.....
all on a DOS based XT with 640K of RAM(yes that's a K).

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====