Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:12:24 -0400
At 03:42 07/23/01, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>   There's an "auto logon" tool around -- I believe it's part of
>the PowerToys suite from Microsoft.  You can use it to configure
>an NT/2000 system to automatically log on a specific account (and
>password, if needed) at boot.  Technically, this doesn't "remove"
>the logon, but it means you won't see it, which I think is as
>close as you're going to get to what you want.
>
>On 22 Jul 2001, at 7:27, Dolores Dewbury wrote:
>>How can i remove the opening window? It doesn't need a password
>>all I do is hit return and it proceeds to load up my system. I'd
>>like to have my system load when I turn on my computer and walk
>>away.

David's right. The Powertoy you need is Tweakui. (The latest
version works fine in Win2k.) You can download it from
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe>.

Place the downloaded file in an empty folder and double click
on it to unzip the contents. Right click on the newly created
tweakui.inf and choose "install" from the drop down menu. (A
Help window will appear. Close that and you're done.) You'll
now have a "Tweak UI" applet in Control Panel.

There's a tab in the Tweak UI applet called Logon. After you
have given yourself a real password (**), enter your user name
and the password and put a check by "Logon automatically at
system startup", click "Apply", and reboot to see if it works.

The Logon window appears at bootup for a fraction of a second
but goes away automatically and the system boots by itself.

(**) Tweakui won't accept a blank password like you've been
using by just hitting <enter>. Please change your password
from blank to something tangible before attempting to use the
Tweakui auto logon feature.  You can change your password at
the "Users and Passwords" applet in Control Panel.

See <http://newlife-win98.server101.com/tweakui_2000_info.htm>
for more about Tweakui...including installation instructions
and links to alternate download sites.

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: