Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:25:37 -0400
Max,

I said that FP was a GOOD product.  I have never said that it is a perfect
product or that it is the only one that people should buy.  In my original
post on this topic I mentioned several others and I said that Hot Dog is a
good tool also.  I was impressed with the features and capabilities of Hot
Dog, I just didn't like all the silly dog related icons and the barking
noises they used (maybe they have changed that since I last looked).  They
were cute and I thought it was clever.... for about 5 minutes, then I
realized that I before I could use a button I had to stop and think about
what the picture represented.... hello uninstaller, goodbye Hot Dog.  What
sounded good in the write up wasn't so good when I realized that the program
was forcing me to learn a whole new "picture language". before I could use
it.

And that's why I've been asking Kevin to supply some URLs so I/we can see
what areal world GoLive page looks like.   It is like the old saying that "a
picture is worth a thousand words"  I can read all day but seeing the
finished product
is much more enlightening. <grin>

As I said before, I have no experience with that product and can only go by
what is documented on their web site.  And what I saw in the GoLive code.

There were many different blank gifs used.  IMG SRC tags used names
beginning with blank1.gif all the way up to blank33.gif.  Which is why I
assumed that it created many different sized images.  I tried viewing
several of those gif files to see what was different, but it is hard to see
a file that is a ....... blank...... gif. <grin>

BTW, in experimenting with FP 2000 I have found that it can also place
images using pixel addressing.  But it uses a DIV STYLE tag with x and y
coordinates.  This is nice, because there are no blank gifs and no tables
needed, BUT now the "surfer" must use a version 4 browser (MS -or- NC). So I
don't think I will use this feature because I do not like forcing people to
upgrade thier browser software (even if it is free).

So how 'bout it Kevin?
Will you please post the links to some of the sites that you have designed
and published?

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====