Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:40:09 -0500
Arthur Barnett wrote:

> Mukesh Megchiani wrote:
>
> > I have installed Communicator 4.06 about a month ago.  Since then, I've not
> > faced any major problems except one...
> >
> > Three times now, when I tried to change my preferences (EDIT-PREFERENCES), I got
> > the following error message:
> >
> > "Unable to load the Preferences DLLs Re-install Netscape Communicator"
> >
> > I have uninstalled and re-installed Communicator 4.06 twice to correct this
> > problem.  Has anyone else come across this problem?
> >
> > Anyone at Netscape listening??

Here is a cut and paste from http://www.ufaq.org which will fix your
problem.
Applies to: Communicator 4.0x
Operating Systems: Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT.

Problem Symptoms: "When I click Edit | Preferences, I get an error
saying that Netscape was unable to load the preferences
DLLs, so I am unable to change any settings in Communicator."

Solutions:

COMMUNICATOR 4.06 USERS ONLY:

If you have used RegClean or another registry checking program, the
CLSID (Class ID) entries for the preferences DLLs may
have been removed. To fix it:

  1.Download the file 406_prefs_fix.zip, then exit Netscape.
  2.Unzip the ZIP file you downloaded using WinZip or your favorite ZIP
utility.
  3.Double-click on the enclosed file Undo_406_prefs_saver.Reg.
  4.Restart Netscape and try to access the Edit | Preferences menu.
(Some systems may need to be rebooted.)

Do not attempt to use this file if you are having preferences DLL
problems with any version other than 4.06. Follow the
directions listed below instead. (To check which version you're using,
click Help | About Communicator.) <end of cut & paste>

Also there has been some reports lately at
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.communicator about Java problems
in 4.06 that weren't evident in 4.05. 4.06 will probably be the last
update to the 4.0x series. It's on to 4.5.

Kelly

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**