Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Donna Cron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:59:49 -0400
Hi John,
When you say *Zone Alarm is iron clad protection (if set up properly)
*, can you elaborate on that?  I just installed Zone Alarm last night,
and now I'm wondering if I have it set up properly. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
Thanks
Donna

> Ann,
>
> I'll give you the short version. For all practical purposes
protecting your
> computer with Zone Alarm will keep out all intruders. You can prove
it to
> yourself by getting a intrusion monitor (Black Ice or other). Before
Zone
> Alarm is installed the typical computer user will get many attempts
by
> hackers to penetrate the user's computer (of which some my
succeed).  After
> Zone alarm is installed Black Ice will report no attempts. Zone
Alarm is
> iron clad protection (if set up properly). Of course a router
(hardware)
> can provide the same or slightly better protection at a cost.
>
> RoboForm is also a great program. It's information handling protects
your
> passwords and other critical information from prying eyes. No need
to do
> all that you are doing. Read the information on protection of your
personal
> data on the RoboForm web site.
>
> As far as getting stuff off your computer goes, if someone extremely
> talented has targeted your computer and is willing to devote
considerable
> effort to the task, then yes it is possible - but not probable!
>
> So don't worry too much any more. It is far more dangerous to put
credit
> card receipts or personal information in the trash without shredding.
>
> Good luck with your security.
>
> J. Dent
>

> At 01:02 PM 5/19/2004, you wrote:
> >Help!  You knowlegeable, generous gurus out there!  I read and read
and I
> >still have a failure in comprehension about the safety of files and
> >current memory on my computer..
> >
> >I very rarely get any spam any longer (IHateSpam and OE configured
> >rules).  I have a Linksys Router that I use as a hardware
firewall.  I
> >also run the free version of ZoneAlarm  (I run SpyBot, Ad-Aware, and
> >SpyBlaster too).  I went to a site (that I can no longer find) that
> >checked my PC out and said my ports were "stealthed" - but I don't
know
> >whether they are stealthed by ZoneAlarm or the hardware firewall.
And I
> >don't know if that is enough - or exactly what that may NOT protect
me against.

> >I use RoboForm and I'm concerned that while I have it open (the
only way
> >it is of any use to me is to keep it open) that "crackers" could
read or
> >websites could suck down my passwords and credit card numbers,
> >etc.   because the files are accessible without further password
entry
> >whenever roboform is "open" (i.e. usable)
> >
> >I don't know how this all works.  I'm driving myself crazy with long
> >horrible passwords to RoboForm and to a data file that I keep on my
> >computer, both of which I access many times a day.   I also encrypt
all of
> >the records I scan in and I password my Quicken data file.
Everything

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com