Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:34:16 -0500
At 12/6/00 01:18 PM, Dave Schroeder wrote:

I'm contemplating getting a camera for my PC and all the cameras I've looked
>at require a USB connection.  I'm currently running Windows 95B and I
>understand that it doesn't support USB.  So, I'm wanting to > upgrade to
>another version of Windows.

If you are satisfied with Win 95B and wish to keep it, you may be able
to.  I have the Intel Video Pro USB cam running on my Win 95b machine with
the USB Supplement. It runs with no problem.  However!!!!  I have has other
USB devices that not work with this machine.  Sometimes the specs for the
cam will state that it is compatible with 95B USB and sometimes not.  If
you have decided on the camera and want to buy it and try, you could buy
and try it on Win 95b after running the USB upgrade.  It was included on
the Win 95b OEM Service Release 2.1 CD.  I forget which subdirectory has
this supplement.  Just run the exe and reboot.  Your USB port should be
detected by Windows, and the drivers will be installed. [The drivers will
be in your \windows\system\ subdirectory. You may have to point there if
Windows complains about not finding them on the CD.]

If you do decide to go to another operating system, I would recommend Win
98 over Windows ME.  Both were designed and priced for home use, where as
Windows NT and Windows 2000 were more for business applications. From my
experience Win 98 is friendlier to more hardware and compatible with more
older software.  In my opinion they have "dumbed-down" many of the features
so things are happening in the background that you may want to have going
on.  Also some of the features that are enabled by default may make your PC
slower.

Just my opinion.

Doug

                     support at our newest website: