Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:42:53 -0500
In Windows 95 the "Uninstall" list is kept in the Registry at:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

It sounds like your Registry got corrupted and these entries were lost.  If
you are comfortable with editing the registry you may want to see if there
are "correctable" errors in the registry at this location.  What I would
really fear is that other more critical stuff in the registry was lost when
it got corrupted.

Note that there are utilities that will remove items from the Uninstall
list, notably TweakUI.  I presume that you did not monkey around with these
programs about the same time you lost the entries.

Doug

At 1/30/01 12:51 AM, Tom McCoy wrote:

>Actually, my problem isn't the Legacy program, it's that I suddenly lost
>about 30 entries in the add/remove programs applet.  I've looked thru all
>my Win95 books and don't see anything referring to a problem like
>this..  After I installed the Nolo trio, I just happened to go into the
>Control Panel to uninstall a program I didn't care for, and to my surprise
>I found all my removable entries were no longer there, only the 3 Nolo entries.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml