Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:11:54 -0500
Hi Lew,

OK ,let's start again.

What player and version are you using?

I already mentioned what causes it ,but will expand on it.

From your description the most likely cause is zoom or rather way over-zoomed video.

2 reasons: 1. video size is set to large (too high) ,maybe 300 % or more.

                  2 .Your screen resolution is set too low.

I ran into # 2 problem years ago with PowerDVD from Cyberlink.

Some players don't respect screen size and may open with the video size much larger than the screen.

To resolve it you have to go into settings and select the proper video size -for the movie clip and for your screen.

Do you see Zoom In and Zoom Out in the settings? If so, Zoom Out to a reasonable video size.

Some players allow you to do this with your mouse scroll wheel.

I did have a look at other players (VLC has already been mentioned) ,but here's a comparative list:

http://technology.ezinemark.com/best-top-10-video-players-software-in-2011-7d3251553db2.html

In the list they mention the FreeSmith Video Player.

I tested it and found the controls quite clear ,but couldn't get it to play several file formats,

so you may want to skip that one for now.

To be sure ,I'm not advocating that you change your media player ,just showing options.

I've used every one mentioned in the list and have no particular favorite.

Your present player may well have the settings needed for your purpose.

Peter E.