Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:58:53 -0700
From the Oxford English Dictionary....2nd Edition

portal (_______), n.1 Also 4 -ale, 5­7 -all, 6 -alle; (6 porthal, 6­7
port(-)hall).
[ME. a. obs. F. portal gate, ad. med.L. portale city-gate, porch (Du
Cange), orig. neut. of portalis adj., f. L. porta gate: see port n.3 and
-al1. Cf. portail.]
1. a. A door, gate, doorway, or gateway, of stately or elaborate
construction; the entrance, with the immediately surrounding parts, of an
edifice, esp. of a large or magnificent building, when emphasized in
architectural treatment. Hence often a poetical or rhetorical synonym for
‘door’ or ‘gate’.

However in this context portal is used to convey < web access >.

                                  -----